Stress is a killer – there is no doubt about that. Stress, which can be caused by a number of outside stressors, can release hormones in your body that can cause increased blood pressure, a weakened immune system and weight gain. At work, stress is par for the course – you have deadlines, you have your boss breathing down your neck, and you may be worried about not getting that promotion. In the workplace, stress can also be a performance killer, which can reduce productivity, increase medical bills and it can cause a number of other problems that can negatively affect your business’ bottom line. Here are five benefits of stress management training for employees.
- Increase worker productivity. When it comes down to it, hiring a workplace training company like Houston Training Solutions to reduce your employees’ stress is critical if you want to increase productivity. The less stressed out your workers are, the harder they will work. Moreover, with less stress, they will find more efficient solutions to complicated problems that may have been dragging down your business’ daily operations.
- Reduce employee medical expenses. Stress can cause a number of health problems. Not only can it release harmful hormones that can break down the immune system and cause health conditions, but it can also be psychologically tormenting. Both these physical and emotional responses and side effects of stress may require medical attention. Most of the time, your business will have to shell out the cash as part of employee benefits and compensation. It can get even more expensive if stress related issues become chronic or if an employee sues.
- Boost the quality of customer service. Another big benefit of making stress reduction training a requirement or obligation is that it will boost the quality of customer service. Indeed, the less stressed out your employees are, the more calm, courteous and helpful they will be on the phone. This can have a domino effect of sorts that can boost the positivity of your entire workforce. Plus, it can boost customer loyalty and customer retention, which is always good for business.
- Improve your product. One of the most important benefits of stress management training is that it will allow your employees to focus on the task at hand. With more direction and focus, your employees will produce a better product and provide a better service. In any industry, this is a paramount objective, because the better your product or service is, the bigger your chance is for gaining an upper hand in the market place or industry that you are in.
- Attract more talented employees. Perhaps one of the biggest benefits of having a stress-free workforce – or a workforce that has the tools to deal with stress – is that you can attract talented employees. Most people looking for work want to join a team that has a good reputation and a positive attitude. If your business is known for being too stress-inducing, you may not be able to enhance your business’s hiring power.