VOIP stands for ‘voice over Internet protocol’ and it is quickly becoming the preferred method for voice communication for large and small enterprises. There are many reasons why businesses choose VOIP, but it is important know exactly what VOIP is before you consider stripping down your old communications system and invest in a brand new one. This new method of voice communication uses broadband – not traditional phone lines – to connect a business to the world. With broadband comes more bandwidth, more speed and more efficiency. It’s no wonder why a phone system is built on this high-speed infrastructure. Here are five reasons for businesses to choose VOIP.
- Minimal set up charges. With a traditional phone line, equipment and wiring needs to be implemented and installed. Not to mention, in larger enterprises, heavy-duty hardware needs to be installed with older telecommunications technology. With VOIP, however, it is as simple as downloading a program and then installing it across your platforms. There is a good chance your IT department can have your new VOIP system set up in only a few hours – with minimal downtime.
- Easy conferencing. In the old days, you had to connect multiple phone lines at once if you wanted more than one or two people on the line. Even then it was still hard to connect more people. However, with VOIP communications, your business can set up conference calling with ease and convenience. Moreover, with VOIP, you can have video conferencing as well, which means that you can have face-to-face meetings with partners, clients and other team members from anywhere in the world. This will not only cut down the need for expensive traveling to meet clients, but it will also save money on overhead too.
- More features. With VOIP, you get more than just a phone line and communication system – you get the ability to have a totally versatile voice communication system that can make your business more efficient and it can give your employees more tools with which to do their jobs. With old phone systems, countless hours of time are wasted due to the operational disadvantages. However, with VOIP systems, a lot more is possible and your business can save money by not wasting all those man-hours.
- Efficient scalability. With a VOIP platform, your phone system can grow with your business. This means that you don’t need to implement new software – or hardware – just to upgrade. When it comes to communication systems management, you need a platform that can grow with your business – not against it. This is one of the biggest reasons why VOIP for business is so beneficial.
- It’s professional. Older telephone systems will make clients, partners and board members believe your business isn’t operating in this century. With a VOIP telecommunications network, you will present a more professional and modern sheen that can set your business apart from other businesses. At the end of the day, it isn’t so much about how impressive your phone system is, but how advanced.