Your product’s packaging is a vital part of production. Most business owners underestimate the important of packaging, but if you think about it – the packaging is the first thing consumers will see before they purchase your product. Not only that, but your packaging can be a powerful branding, marketing and advertising tool. If you think about all the people you have met in your life, your first impression usually lingers the longest – it also helps mold and manipulate notions about who that person is and how that person can be an important part of your life. Well, the same goes for product packaging. Here are some product packaging tips to help make a good first impression on customers.
- Make your logo shout. One of the most important facets of your packaging is its ability to brand. This is why you want to place your logo on the box or bag that your product comes in. However, you don’t want to let the logo blend in with the background – you want to make it the largest item on the packaging. By making your logo shout to the consumer, you can make your presence better known in your specific industry.
- Use colors appropriately. If you want to use colors on your packaging, you don’t want to throw a bunch of bright hues on there and hope something sticks. Oftentimes, if packaging has colors that are too confusing, consumers will become disinterested. So, even if you are going for a colorful theme, you want to pay attention to the color wheel. If you are going with a primary color theme, stick with primary colors.
- Give customers a hint as to what’s inside the package. If your product is a food item, you may want to think about placing a photograph of your product on the actual packaging. If you take a step back and think about it, this concept seems a little insane, but it actually makes a lot of sense. For instance, if you are selling cookies, one of the best ways to get customers to buy your cookies is to have a photo of them on the packaging – wouldn’t you want to know what’s inside before you make a purchase?
- Don’t tease the consumer. Consumers don’t want to be teased and they don’t want to be confused. This is the reason why you want to use the right packaging for your specific product. For instance, if your product is small, you don’t want to use smaller packaging. You can actually visit Paper Mart Bags and find a wide selection of different sized packaging supplies.
- Get creative. Creativity goes a really long way when it comes to enticing and engaging consumers. It is also one of the best ways to make a strong first impression. So, when you are designing the packaging for your product, you want to work with a graphic designer and maybe a copywriter to come up with some interesting ideas. In the end, one of the best ways to stand apart is to set yourself apart.